Monday, January 28, 2008

Missing in Action

Sorry I've been pretty quiet lately. The problem is I'm fighting this cold that won't quit. It came back with a vengeance just when I thought it was getting better.

Anyway, I'm on this mission to lower my expenses. So far I'm doing pretty good. I've cut back my cable and phone bills as well as my credit card bill. I've replaced all of the lightbulbs in my house with the energy saver bulbs. We put a timer on the porch light to prevent it from staying on all night and day.

Installing insulation is also on the list of things to do soon to try to keep more of the heat in the house.
So one other step I plan on taking is refinancing my mortgage. I was putting that step off for awhile given all of the problems in the mortgage market. However, the recent rate cuts have me thinking about how much I might be able to save. I think that I may take it slow and see if the recent stimulus proposals will help sweeten the deal and make my decision to refi even easier.

No comments: