Sunday, February 3, 2008

Burning temptation....

This weekend, I went shopping for ceramic tile for a home improvement job we are planning for our bathroom. Just picture a 1959 ranch style home with all the original fixtures, right down to the pink toilet, tub and sink. You get the idea...remodeling emergency. Anyway, we are on a budget and this is a strictly DIY job. So we were looking for some cheap, but good looking tile... We found some suitable choices and brought the samples home to view in the naturally dim lighting. On the way, however, I got side-tracked. 

My boyfriend and I have had several conversations about Audi cars and why I should consider purchasing one. But I have no knowledge of them and have never driven one before. As we were driving home, we drove past a dealership that had a couple used ones on the lot. I should mention that I have a weakness for cars...especially expensive ones. 

Anyway, my mistake was stopping at the dealership and test-driving not one, but two Audis. Did I mention that I fell in love? I was able to tear myself away from the dealership, but I did spend a considerable amount of time this weekend trying to figure out how to buy one even though it would directly conflict with my other financial goals.

So what happened? Well, I finally came to my senses today and decided to not even consider the purchase any more. Why not? It would completely take me off track from my goals and even though I am in love with the car. I know I would love being debt free even more. It was tough convincing myself that this temptation was not a good idea in the long-term, but it was definitely the right decision. 

No comments: